Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

28 September 2005

Ladies' Night

I probably should wait and post every couple of days, but it's a lot of typing to do in one sitting. So I'll just post littler ones everyday.

Today the only class I had was at 3pm, so I got to sleep for a long time. It was pretty nice. I think I slept off all the jetlag + nights till 6 am. One thing I will definately not miss is this dumb road outside of the dorm. It is never quiet, and tonight is construction night...again. Apparently they are tearing up the sidewalks and putting in new ones. They do look quite nice, but still. For a country always talking about the lack of resources, they sure do use a lot of useless crap.

Today's class was Japanese 3b. Basically we just talked about how to describe first impressions. So we had to show pictures of friends or family and let people say what they thought about them. Not too mind-straining.

I did get an email about possibly doing a russian course here. It will probably be super hard, but I'm really hoping it can work out so I can continue learning russian and be in a situation where I can't use english at all. So we'll see about that tomorrow.

After class I went back to the girl's flat because I was going to go with them later to "Ladies' Night" at Tokyo Dome. Apparently everything would be half price for ladies. I was going to go just to hang out and be the sole male in the group. Some of the girls ended up going on the huge roller coaster they have. Apparently it was worth the 1000 yen. (side note, we later found out ladies' night had very specific hours and they were too late, since the roller coaster should have cost only 500 yen) After the roller coaster they of course had to get ice cream, so we went to the basken robbins there. It was quite good after tasting only chocolate that tasted like sugar.

That's about it for the adventure today. Here are some pictures. once again, horrible layout. sorry.









This is the view from the 5th or 6th or 10th floor of Hosei. (I can't remember where I took it) The big black tower is the Japanese Self Defense Force. (their pseudo-army) To the left of that, the sort of empire state looking building, is the Diet. (the Japanese Parliment)






This is the big ferris wheel at Tokyo Dome with the roller coaster that goes through it. I realise it's sideways, I just can't figure out how to put it the right side up.




These are the girls I went with tonight and hang out with quite often. In the middle is the Ladies' Night sign at Tokyo Dome. From the left is Harriet (from Sheffield University in UK), Rachel, Nichole (from Truman State, my midwest connection over here in Tokyo), Erin (also from Sheffield in the UK), Kate (from sheffield in the UK, although she is actually going to Meiji University rather than Hosei) and Holly (from Reading University in UK).



This is Rachel at Bubba Gump's in Tokyo Dome. It's completley Forrest Gump themed. I'm not sure if they have those in the US, but I thought it was funny. The food there looked really good. Hamburgers, ribs, shrimp and such. Rachel and I said we would have to be going there sometime when we feel homesick for fatty salty fried things.

1 Comments:

  • At 29/9/05 09:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for Ladies Night! I'm so glad your having a blast over there!!! Wish I could join ya! the homeless lady at the pool said to give her the socks back..

    miss you!! (email me your addy!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home