Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

12 April 2006

Day Three

I would just like to mention that it is day three of "drying" my laundry since I decided to put it out the day it started raining. It looked like clear skies before. Oh well.

This was my second day of class since I don't have to go Tuesdays. I had: Economy in Japan, Japanese 3b and Japanese Thought.

Economy in Japan has an emphasis on space travel. That's right. Space travel in Japan. The teacher is actually pretty interesting and I can actually understand him, so that's a plus. But space travel...?

Right before Japanese 3b, I went to the international centre to see Kitao and he informed me that they decided to change teachers. Which was fine I guess. In the class we did practice on telephone conversations. Often times, I wish I had just studied spanish or french where I could actually do something in the language instead of studying things like telephone conversations and the like. I accepted a long time ago I'll never be fluent in Japanese or anywhere near, but come on...

Then in Japanese thought, the teacher went on a tangeant for the entire class time. The topic of the class is the Yasukuni Shrine and the various problems surrounding the issue. Which is pretty interesting. He's the same teacher we had for the Japanese Thought about Christianity in Japan last semester.

1 Comments:

  • At 13/4/06 12:48, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    amybe you are misunderstanding him...maybe they are talking about the bad economy and its effect on the space available for travel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home