Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

18 October 2005

Rainy Days

It's pretty much been raining since saturday night. Which is ok except that the weather channel said it wasn't going to rain sunday monday or today so I did laundry. Which is on its third day of drying. It will take me a while to get used to this air drying thing. Today during the rain I definately saw some snow for about a minute. I was on the 12th floor of Hosei so it probably turned into rain before it ever hit the ground. But still, I was quite excited for seeing snow, even semi-rain snow, in October.

Yesterday the Prime Minister of Japan visited the Yasukuni Shrine, which is right next to Hosei. I would have gone to school earlier to see all that but I didn't find out about it until about 10 am yesterday. So now China and the Koreas are really mad at Japan again. I thought America had the monopoly on idiots in charges. Turns out offending nations and damaging foreign relations is a worldwide thing.

Today was actually kind of cold so I turned off the fan. (quite a big deal since anyone who has ever lived with me knows I'm hot even in sub zero temperatures) And I was looking around my room just to see where the heater was for future reference. Of course there isn't one. I'm not sure if this air conditioner turns into a heater (no writing on it leads me to belive that) or there is central heating (highly doubtful, the idea of anything centralized is irrational in Japan). So it looks like I'll be having a cold winter. Probably to make up for the lack of winter in Texas.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home