Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

07 March 2006

Root Paste

I forgot to mention last time that the lady I was teaching was trying to describe a drink that they have in America but not here. She was trying to describe it as a minty coke-flavoured drink. Then she told me it tasted like toothpaste. Needless to say I had no idea what she was talking about. But when she said "no Japanese person likes it", I knew what it was. Root Beer. I had never heard it described as toothpaste before.

Two nights ago we went to a buffet of sorts for a friends birthday. It had a chinese theme to it, bu t the food wasn't chinese. And on the side of the wall they had a huge picture of children who looked like they were poor and starving. I don't know what the marketing genius behind that was thinking of.


Here's a picture of most of the people that were there. The guy on the left had just hit his head on the ventilator thing.

Not really too much more to say. So here's a picture of a used car lot. Complete with tacky decorations. Actually I can add that the Diet just passed a law to outlaw the sale of used electronic products past a five year date. I can't remember if that applys to cars. But for a country who has no room for trash and is supposedly big on environmental things (i.e. the Kyoto protocol), it's amazing the amount of trash and waste they allow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home