Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

29 November 2005

Tokyo re-entry

I must say I enjoy being back in Tokyo. Kyoto was pretty and all, but nothing quite compares to the glit and glammer of the world's second largest city. It's hard enough to get used to Tokyo life much less be expected to master Kyoto in a few days. Today in one of our Japanese classes, our teacher was asking us about our Kyoto trip and then told us that she didn't like people from Kyoto too much. It was pretty funny. It pretty much sounded just like the great north/south divide in the US. Funny how things remain the same all over the world.

I bought my 100 yen christmas tree today with some ornaments to get into the Japanese christmas mood. I think I may even act like my mom and wrap up empty boxes to make it look complete. It's definately full time christmas season here in Japan. Our dorm cafeteria just set up their tree and I saw a few trees on the walk home from the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home