Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

08 November 2005

Yen Yen Yen

In the world's most expensive city, money is usually a popular item of talk. Because you can never have too much of it right? Seriously everything costs money here. You go somewhere, it costs an arm to get there. And you pay a leg to do whatever you are there for. And then you come back, which costs you your other arm. Coming from Waco to Tokyo is a huge shock in itself without even factoring the whole no one speaks english factor. (It can be argued that rednecks' "english" abilities are questionable) Today I got the invoice for the next month's rent, due by the 31st. I have the health insurance thing I have yet to pay. Soon to come is the cell phone bill (not that expensive but still). Then I've got to buy another commuter pass for the trains here soon. And at my job, my hours were cut in half as of last week. I'll be in the poor house here soon enough. I was thinking more today about what to do with the 2-3 months I have off in Jan/Feb/Mar, when the whole money issue came about. I'm not sure what I can really do for 2-3 months to survive here. I am hoping that during that time I may be able to work full time at the teaching job. If not, maybe I'll just Ally McBeal it to save on food. And take up temporary residence on the streets. Oh, Japan.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/11/05 04:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh scot! you will make it! i have faith in you! forget about ally'ing it. try jerri'ing it. hahaha. you are going to be okay. no worries my brother.

     
  • At 10/11/05 00:13, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well. I hope you can get everything back on its feet soon. I'll be checking up here more often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home