Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

13 May 2006

Lazy

Sorry I've been so neglectful. I haven't been too incredibly busy with school but you know, I like to exagerrate my life. So let's just say I've been really busy.

This week was 3 days of solid crap. That's right. It sort of rained, but not really that hard. But the effect on Tokyo was like living in an armpit. It was really gross and humid. And it wasn't even warm at all. I'm looking so forward to summer when it's 99% humidity and 28 degrees...

I do have some sort of exciting news. Tonight I'll be on a boat on my way to Hachijojima. Hachijojima is part of the Izu Islands that are quite south of Japan but for some reason are still considered part of Tokyo. There is a map on this page. It's in Japanese, but you can get the point. Hachijojima in Japanese is 八丈島. The top of that long blue line is Tokyo. Here's a page in English all about Hachijojima. It looks to be a good place. I'll give you the low-down after the holiday. (Side note: I'm never taking a "vacation" again, only holidays).

Also, I've been coerced into joining the speech contest at Hosei. Not really sure what that entails. All I know is that so far there are only 2 participants. Me and this chinese guy that speaks Japanese pretty much fluently. Maybe I'll give some sort of controversial speech so I can be remembered better than just "that white guy who sucked". Good times.

2 Comments:

  • At 13/5/06 16:56, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should write a speech about communism or a like subject...just to add some tension into the contest. I wish I were in Tokyo once again. Cheers.

     
  • At 9/6/06 13:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home