Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

31 October 2005

Mondays

Today I had my massive day of russian and 2 japanese classes. The russian class is going better each week. Even though my brain gets pretty much blended when I go into class, I suppose I learn a lot. After russian I ate lunch with the other students in my russian class. It's funny how you constantly meet new people here. After lunch was the ambiguous japanese class that no one knows what is going on. The teacher is really quiet and never really looks you in the face. Today we had to write an essay of a response to an article we read about karaoke in Japan. Thrill a minute. Then in the next japanese class we went over a test we took last week. The test was of course very vague and we all got horrible scores because no one knew what we were supposed to do. We had been told to study Kanji and vocab but none of that was on the test. The vagueness of this nation is often quite frusturating. There is never a clear yes or no. It's even too vague for the most post-modern of thought. What I'd give for some absolutes and a taco..

3 Comments:

  • At 1/11/05 03:25, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This just keeps getting better and better...interesting life you are leading in Japan. Looking at it through your eyes makes it all the more interesting and funny. Sounds like teaching is your calling...

     
  • At 1/11/05 06:29, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would send you a taco. but it might be cold by the time it gets to you.

     
  • At 1/11/05 09:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear mama jade has a taco or two for sale! Happy Halloween!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home