Good Times in Tokyo

See what happens when people stop being polite and start getting oolong'd.

12 June 2006

unrelated to suicide

Sorry about the lack of updating. I've been somewhat busy lately. With school and the disaster that is the speech group.

Speaking of which, I've written this speech and now we are practicing reading it. And my group is supposed to help me with pronounciation and so on. But Japanese isn't something you need a lot of help with in pronounciation. It's fairly straight-forward. Which is what makes it so hard I think. Today we spent about 10 minutes arguing on whether "no ato" or "no ato" was more correct. They sounded exactly the same to me. Stupid language.

I cant think of anything else to say. Here are some pictures.


Quentin and Simon with some crazy girl at Tasuichi. Tasuichi is like our local bar. Only not local at all. This girl was outside the window and kept on making faces at us all the night.


Austraila is having a massive campaign in Japan to get people to come there. With the phrase "Where the bloody hell are you?". Not really a polite thing to ask I suppose. Imagine an American campaign "Where the f**k are you?". Yeah. Anyway. The Japanese that they translate it to is really polite and pretty funny when compared to the English. Oh Japanese and their lack of bad words.


Hanging out between classes.


Vivi. Just look at all the things wrong with Japan.

Maybe I will get inspired soon to make a more meaningful post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home